Not being notified

I occasionally make posts to Neowin for help. I do get responses to my questions, but I have to come back and look for them under my post. I do NOT get an email or such that someone has replies to my post. I have gone into SETTINGS, and then Notification settings. Everything there is checked EXCEPT the ONE EMAIL per day, or week. And then down below under PROFILE under the NOTIFICATION LIST. everything has a green checkmark. What must I do to get emails that someone has replied to a post I made. Thanks, Mike

I'm afraid this is part of the conversion of our database from IPB 3 to v4 which is still ongoing. It means the send notifications emails task is getting pushed down. Inline notification alerts (which appear on the forum itself in the dropdown list "bell" icon next to your name) do work however, you should enable them for now 

Thanks Steve for the quick reply. I will now check the bell next to my name for any new posts etc. Mike

No problem :) Be sure to enable the inline notifications in notifications settings. You can leave email enabled but you might get a few emails at once, when they eventually start working.

I had problem with notifications being absent altogether, but now at least bell icon does show that I have some new responses, however when I click on it, it always shows that there's nothing new and no notification history exist either.

Comment notifications only happen in news articles when you comment in the forum post, it's a known bug.

I just noticed i was quoted a few times with NO notifications in the list.  the notification lists only seem to show who liked my posts, not when someone quotes them (which seems more important)

in my settings everything related to me, is supposed to appear on the list.    is this another bug?