Ask someone who got a Lumia 950 anything!

I've been using Windows Phones for the pass 4 years. Every time I decided to which OS I always find myself going back to Windows Phone or Windows Mobile. At first I didn't like too much the OS updated hamburger menu and thin font and Icon design but it did grow on me. The phone I had before was the Lumia 930 which I regret getting because I paid $400 on eBay and the lack of LTE on T-Mobile and a lot of drop spot with the phone which I think it was part of not having the band. I'm selling it if anyone wants it not ICON but 930 International version.

Anyway the phone is really thin and light but not as light as reviewers were pointing out. The screen is sharp but wish it was more saturated like the Samsung Tab S2. GOD, that screen was awesome. The phone is really fast and much faster than the Snapdragon 800. The camera taking was much quicker which I'm glad because Windows had a big issue with speed and camera taking.

The quality of the phone is really good. If you look at it and don't touch it. Its really plain and nothing special. When you pick it up u can see it feels more mid quality and not low quality. Not high quality like Samsung Galaxy S6. I do like the fact that you can change the back plate with someone else which would make it more higher end looking if you could use wood or metal. Im going to get a 64 ot 128GB MicroSD. I hear that you can put up to 2TB but Microsoft site says 200GB.

A few more problems i have is the duel SIM display cant be turn off when your only using one SIM card.(If anyone know how to remove the second one then let me know.) The phone gets really hot when charging on USB type C. No Gorilla Glass 4 which pi$$ me off at the price you paid. Windows Hello is cool and works but fingerprint is much better.

WP_20151127_001.jpg

People should buy it if you like the Windows Mobile platform and want a high end phone. Will provide pictures shortly.

WP_20151127_002.jpg

WP_20151127_003.jpg

WP_20151127_003_1.jpg

On 11/27/2015, 6:38:59, n_K said:

Can you connect to wifi with a static IP?

I have no clue. You can always Google it ;-)

15 hours ago, ACTIONpack said:

I have no clue. You can always Google it ;-)

Not really reliable since google says it's possible with my lumia but isn't.

15 hours ago, Dashel said:

If you assign a reservation in DHCP...

I've said multiple times, I don't use DHCP... As in, I do not use DHCP.

6 hours ago, n_K said:

Not really reliable since google says it's possible with my lumia but isn't.

Yes you can use a static ip for wifi connection

1 hour ago, FiB3R said:

My 930 can get hot as ###### sometimes. How does the 950 compare in that regard?

Dont know really. I never use my Lumia 930 without a case. I'm getting my case in next week for my Lumia 950 but it does get hot when charging.

1 hour ago, JHBrown said:

Do you wish you would have waited a little longer to see exactly what the future is for this platform in 2016?

I was using the Lumia 930 under the T-Mobile. It didn't have LTE which was not too big of an issue but I would go through too many 3G spots in Atlanta. It was time for me to replace it.

10 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Do you think you should have saved the money and replaced the fabric on that sofa \ bed?

Are you high?

On 11/27/2015, 12:38:59, n_K said:

Can you connect to wifi with a static IP?

Did previous WP versions not support this :s?

Just now, Seahorsepip said:

Did previous WP versions not support this :|

i think so

19 hours ago, n_K said:

Then no, you can't currently.  That's as close as you can get.

I don't see the point in waiting for what might come out Q3 or later next year as we've already been overdue for a refresh.  I may trade up at that point if they create a sealed Mg version.  All the guts are fine and software updates will continue to flow.

8 hours ago, Seahorsepip said:

Did previous WP versions not support this :s?

It's region or carrier selected, people on the net say some devices have the 'static IP' button but others don't and there's no clear indication as to why.

E.g. my 630 doesn't have the 'static IP' button and if I try to connect I get a error saying the network is not available (because there's no DHCP server) but others on the net claim their same model phone has the option.

17 minutes ago, Blom said:

How does the camera handle moving objects (such as animals and children) in plain daylight?

What do you mean by handle?

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Blom said:

Is it a blurry mess, or are the objects in the picture focused and sharp?

I've had no issues with blurry objects. Just like any camera, depending on the lighting, YMMV, however Lumia 950 does still include the amazing Lumia Camera app as default. 

Edited by Dot Matrix