Lost Odyssey, backwards compatibility from today.

Three new titles are being added to the Xbox One's backwards compatibility library today.

These include Mistwalker's cult-classic 2008 JRPG Lost Odyssey, a game about an immortal man with amnesia that we considered more than a cut above its peers in storytelling, in no small part due to its text-based short stories by acclaimed Japanese novelist Kiyoshi Shigematsu. "Certainly, no other game has managed to capture such a breathtakingly elegiac tone, or created such a compelling account of the immortal longing for mortality," wrote Eurogamer contributor Dave McCarthy in his Lost Odyssey review.

Toy Story 3 is likewise coming to Xbox One today. Eurogamer contributor Dan Whitehead called the movie tie-in "a rare treat that appreciates the fine line between play and playing, and hints at a future where movie tie-ins could actually be something to look forward to" in his review.

Finally, Cave's 1999 arcade "bullet-hell" shooter Guwange is making the conversion to Microsoft's modern hardware. We liked that one too.

More news at eurogamer.

Great title to be making it, Reminded me to see where Blue Dragon was at and Phil has said it is coming.

I loved LO and BD, both are good old school RPGs and are underrated in my opinion.  I loved the way Lost Odyssey handled leveling up and actually had area level caps.  You see it now in some other RPGs as well, when you've hit a specific level in an area then all the exp you get from killing monsters drops down to like +1 or +4 or something in the single digits.   That means it's time to move on and it stops the game/gamer from endlessly gridding in one area and forces them to move on, while also keeping the challenge at a specific high because the next areas bad guys would be just hard enough to keep you on your toes.

It really should've gotten a sequel, shame.